Saturday, January 24, 2009

Barack Obama

Below is a photo I took in 2005 of Barack Obama at an NAACP meeting. On seeing Obama I wrote:

"Three of us Daily folks drove out to Cobo in Detroit to see this guy, Barack Obama, speak at an NAACP event. He's one of those up-and-comers that everyone talks about." I also noted, "Obama's as charismatic guy as everyone else says and a good (also easy to photograph) speaker." And now here it is: 2009 and he's president.

Some fellow photographers back in the day had photos they took in Washington of then-president George W. Bush. I always thought it would be cool to take my own photograph of a president. Mission accomplished.

 President Barack Obama

1 comment:

  1. this really is a great photo... I hope the guy that used it for t-shirts gave you a free one :)

    ReplyDelete